The Flywire Agents platform allows the agent user to send requests to students. These requests seamlessly introduce students to the Flywire payment experience.
- A request is an email the agent user creates in the Flywire Agents platform and sends to the student. From the request email, the student can easily access the Flywire payment experience and book a payment. After a request is sent, the agent user can track it from the REQUESTS tab in the platform.
- When a student books a payment from a request, the funds will be sent to the educational institution's account. The agent user can track the statuses of booked payments within the Flywire Agents platform to see if a payment is in INITIATED, GUARANTEED, or DELIVERED status.
To better understand the payment journey using Flywire Agents, review the video and instructions below:
0:10 - Create new payment request
1:50 - Track payment status
1:55 - Send payment reminder
2:05 - View payment details and download receipt
2:30 - Track refunds
2:55 - Attach Flywire Payment ID
- The agent creates and sends a request to a student. The student receives an email containing a payment link.
- From that email, the student selects a button to access the payment experience, which redirects the student to Flywire, where the payment can be booked.
- The student completes the payment request by booking a payment on flywire.com. Depending on which payment method the student chooses, payment can be submitted immediately, or the student may receive Flywire banking details for sending a wire transfer. At this point, the payment status reflected in the Flywire Agents platform will be INITIATED.
- Once the student sends funds, the status of the payment will update to GUARANTEED. This signifies that Flywire has successfully received and matched the funds. Flywire will then convert and process the currency to its final destination.
- When the payment is in transit from Flywire to the receiving institution, the payment status updates to DELIVERED. This indicates the funds have been processed and sent to the educational institution's account.